SMOKY FIVE MINUTE SALSA
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!
To celebrate, we’re letting you in on our secret -- and ridiculously easy -- salsa! It takes about five minutes to make and is almost impossible to mess up. Why buy salsa with too much sugar and unknown ingredients when you can make you own? Better yet, it’s low-calorie and packed with goodness: lycopene, anti-oxidants, vitamins A & C, kyolic and more. Oh, and it’s spicy. And delicious!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Servings: 8 (or 1 because it’s so good)
- 14-oz can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 white onion roughly chopped
- 3-4 chipotles en adobo*
- 2T lime juice (approximately 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 1t salt
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender and pulse until combined and broken up (but not too liquidy).
- Taste and adjust salt/lime as necessary. Refrigerate for a few hours to let flavors meld.
* 3-4 chipotles en adobo will produce a pretty fiery salsa. If you don’t like spicy, only use 1, which will give the salsa a nice, smoky flavor and little heat.